The Mother Church
of The Dakotas
517 Douglas Avenue, Yankton, SD 57078
MESSAGE FROM FATHER TIM FOUNTAIN
What? Well, #ChristLovesYankton is something I include in all of the Tweets on our Twitter feed. Along with our increasingly popular Facebook page, I’m trying to raise our community profile. We are starting to gain online followers in the community, in part because we are sharing posts by public agencies like Yankton County Emergency Services and private groups like the Chamber of Commerce. We’re trying to be more aware of what’s up in Yankton and to offer our prayers and encouragement to our neighbors.
I’ve also made a few efforts to raise our profile in face to face meetings around town. These included:
• A presentation to the staff of Ability Building Services during Autism Awareness Month (thanks to Beth Kathol for the open door!)
• A tour of the NFAA Easton Archery Center (thanks to Bruce Cull!)
• A trip to the USD campus for a lecture sponsored by the South Dakota Humanities Council.
• Participation with our parish team in the Missouri River Clean Up day.
• Enjoying the Willa B’s ribbon cutting with the Chamber of Commerce (and of course super Barista Norm Wright).
• Attending the Chamber’s “State of Yankton” presentation at Minerva’s.
• Upcoming participation in one of the book clubs at the Library (I have a Yankton card now!).
I’m patronizing local businesses whenever possible (found some great buffalo hot dogs at the Meat Lodge on Hwy 52 and haul a few packs of those home every so often).
I’m wearing the green Christ Episcopal Church hat (the same one in the MR Cleanup picture), keeping my clergy collar on and handing out business cards when I can.
I always invite folks to let me know how to pray for their concerns for the community or their own needs.
I’ll leave you with this quote from Jim Forest’s “The Ladder of the Beatitudes,” the book discussed by our Monday Contemplative Prayer Group,
“Having been privileged to take part in the eucharist, we are returned to the world as ambassadors of Christ’s peace among those who, in many cases, hardly know who Christ is.”
Christ Episcopal Church 517 Douglas Avenue Yankton, SD 57078 605.665.2456